Faculty Research

Many of our faculty members have ongoing research projects. You may download the current Faculty Research summary list, or view them on the iPad available in the Psychology Department office (H-830M and H-830L):


Independent Research (Psyc 499)

Independent research includes Directed Empirical Research (laboratory investigation) and  Directed Library Research (library study). It is a good way to get first-hand experience in an area of psychology and to work closely with a faculty member. Later these faculty members often write letters of recommendation for graduate school or jobs. If you want to enroll in an independent research course you should:

Read over the descriptions of faculty research interests and on-going faculty research projects available
on this page or in the notebook in the Psychology Department Office (H-830M and H-830L). Most of the faculty have ongoing research projects.

  • Contact the faculty member with whom you desire to work
  • Obtain permission from the instructor several weeks in advance of registration.
  • Fill out the  Psych 499 Form and turn it in to the department office before the end of the second week of the semester. This form must be filled out and signed by both the student and the faculty member before being turned in. The form is available for pick up in the department office or online herePDF File .
  • You will not be able to register for the research class until you receive instructor permission and the form has been turned into the department office.